Thursday, September 03, 2009

Blue Eyed Susan Passion Flower In Bloom!

My brother gifted me with this blue eyed Susan passion flower at some time that eludes me right now. But, this morning I noticed that the bud I had been watching had cracked and I knew it would open today. So here it is a bit later in the morning as it had just unfurled. Isn't it pretty?


And here it is this afternoon in full bloom. The petals have actually folded back towards the stem.


In this photo you can see the entire plant which is on our porch out of the second story bathroom.

8 comments:

Pick said...

Wow Sue, that's an amazing bloom. I'm normally not a fan of exotic looking plants out of context but I'd make an exception for this one. Really love it!

'Course I'm a sucker for blue flowers anyway but this one really is spectacular.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Sue said...

Thanks Pick!

David Mason said...

I think those are one of the coolest flowers.

Damien said...

Now that is pretty.

Y said...

It`s gorgeous,Sue!!
Does it smell?

Sue said...

Thanks Dave and Damien!

Toni - Yes, but not as sweet as some of the other passiflora I own. It has a kind of a musky smell.

Stan said...

Gorgeous! I like the square pot that it's growing in too.

Sue said...

Thanks Stan! I got the pot at Ocean State Job Lots for 5 bucks. What a deal!