Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chinese Wet Market, Singapore: UPDATED


Here is a new work that I just completed yesterday! It is called Chinese Wet Market, Singapore. I used a photo that I took from my visit to Singapore in 1997 as a model for the work (below).



Unfortunately the colors are washed out in the photo of the painting and are brighter in the original work.

This is my first major work since my brain surgery almost 10 years ago and it was really a trial. The medium is both watercolor and India ink and if you click to enlarge, you will see that I give a nod to my past pointillism days. The painting is 16 x 12 inches.

Hooray for me, now I am a painting fool again! I am excited an happy with many works going!

6 comments:

Y said...

That`s wonderful,Sue!So glad your back at painting.Here`s to many more works!
Very beautiful painting!

Stan said...

good for you Sue! I know myself the road to recovery is sometimes long and arduous.

AJ Llewellyn said...

Sue, I like your work A LOT! Both whimsical and a touch - no more than a touch of stark reality. Your use of color is wonderful too. More please!

MG said...

I like how you handled the background. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

This is very nice, I'm not sure I'd seen your paintings before. I'm glad you shared this and also the Koi Pond.

Sue said...

Ray, all you have to do is hit the label "Art" at the bottom of the post and you will see all the art I have ever posted. Not all of it is mine, but if you read the posts, it indicates which is mine. I have posted the majority of my work.