Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Casualty of War I

Please click to enlarge

Here is a new piece of art that I just finished this morning. I had an inspiration a few days ago and have worked on this solidly since then since I feel that stopping our operations in Iraq is way more important than sharing my trip to Singapore. The reason is that we are losing lives of our brave American men and women, plus Iraqis are also being killed. We need to get our asses out of there as soon as possible to end the dying. In the famous words of Edwin Starr "War, What is it good for? Absolutely nothin!"


14 comments:

Doug said...

Arresting image, Sue. Keep up the good work!

Sue said...

Thanks Doug!

Stan said...

Out of Iraq and Afghanistan. A totaly no win situation IMHO. Good job Sue. Very brave for you to touch on this subject. Great song btw. I like what it says and remember it from back in the day during Viet Nam (yes kids I'm that old).

Sue said...

I am too! I proudly protested that war and that is where I first heard Mr. Starr. Thanks Stan!

Y said...

Love how you made`ve his hair!so many points.

Sue said...

Thanks Toni! I did it with a tooth brush.

Bjp said...

Very dark , very real.

nice lines, and code of color

http://www.wix.com/blkvirgo/Brandon-Pierre

Anonymous said...

The way he's looking right at you, but then he's possibly dead so not looking at you at all, it's very haunting. I'm really moved by this. **ultra props to Sue**

Sue said...

Thank you so much Ray!!!

Sue said...

Thanks Brandon!

Anonymous said...

incredibly haunting. the eyes...the blood looks real.

Sue said...

Thanks for noticing the blood Kevin! I had so much fun doing it! I used Indian Red and just dropped it on until it ran by itself! It could have gone completely wrong and I would have been screwed, but the watercolor karma was with me that day and it went beautifully just like when a fine basketball player makes a three pointer with nothing but net! SWISH! Thanks for noticing Kevin! The eyes took a bit more work than that though.

Anonymous said...

You can look at this piece many times and get a different feeling or thught, Sue.


Your Prairie friend

Jim

Sue said...

Thanks Jim!