99 things about me.
Should this offend,
kiss my rear end,
99 things about me in the post.
Jumpin' on yet another bandwagon. Bold means I've done it, un-bold means... you get the picture. Have at it.
1. Started your own blog. Duh!
2. Slept under the stars. On the beach, selling Bible books.
3. Played in a band. In elementary school. But the band director told me not to blow my horn too loudly.
4. Visited Hawaii. Must go to paradise…
5. Watched a meteor shower. Many times.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Who does this?
7. Been to Disney World / Land. Never. I have no interest whatsoever.
8. Climbed a mountain. Blue Mountain in the Adirondaks.
9. Held a praying mantis. Many times. We used to hatch their egg cases and hold the babies when we were kids.
10. Sang a solo. In my car, the shower, does that count?
11. Bungee jumped. Nope.
12. Visited Paris. Twice. 1965 with my family and 1997 for business.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Safely from shore, yes.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. No. I had lessons in school in art, and in music.
15. Adopted a child. Never, thank you very much.
16. Had food poisoning. Yes and it was terrible.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. During a school trip. It was really cool.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Yes. We grew squash, green beans and tomatoes up until a few years ago. But now we only plant flowers.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. 1965 at the Louvre.
20. Slept on an overnight train. No.
21. Had a pillow fight. Sure
22. Hitch-hiked. Many times – refer to Bookfield.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Please. My mom wrote a note for us that we had bubonic plague.
24. Built a snow fort. Didn’t everybody who had snow???
25. Held a lamb. Newborns are so adorable.
26. Gone skinny dipping. Many times, see Bookfield and also in the Adirondaks. We also had a pool at our last address in CT that was private.
27. Run a marathon. Nope
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. Not yet.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Yes, Dismal Swamp, South Carolina, 1969. Referred to in Bookfield.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Plenty of times.
31. Hit a home run. Too wimpy for that.
32. Been on a cruise. Nope. Too crowded for me.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. From both sides.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Three out of four of them: Quebec, New Brunswick, and Vienna, but not Holland.
35. Been to an Amish community. Yes.
36. Taught yourself a new language. Learned French in high school.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Yes, at one point.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. Yes in 1965.
39. Gone rock climbing. Yes, with my brother, but we didn’t need ropes. He was taking a course at Cornell and took us on a moderate climb.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. Yes, in 1965.
41. Sung karaoke. Paul has promised to take me.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. One of these days.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. No.
44. Visited Africa. On my list.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Don’t remember which one and there were probably more than one, as I don’t control the moon.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Too many times. A horrible experience that I don't recommend. The worst part of it is being carried out from work on a stretcher. I have also been transported on a Life Star Helicoper, but I don't remember it.
47. Had your portrait painted. As a child with my twin. It came out very well.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. For tuna with my dad off of LI, but we only caught blue fish.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. Twice in 1965 and in 1995 on business; before and after the cleaning.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. In 1965.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Many times: 1975, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2004.
52. Kissed in the rain. Multiple times.
53. Played in the mud. As a child for sure.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. As a kid, mom and dad used to take us along in our footy pajamas so we could sleep in the back of the station wagon.
55. Been in a movie. For my job only. Golly it was so booooooring. But I wrote it, so I know who is to blame!
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. Not yet.
57. Started a business. Not gonna happen now that I am disabled.
58. Taken a martial arts class. At work.
59. Visited Russia. Some day.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. No.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. The Girl Scouts wouldn’t have me! I joind 4-H! Head, Heart, Hands, I forgot the fourth one!
62. Gone whale watching. Off Boston. Saw naught but fog. They refunded our money.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Guess being pretty helps.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. I tried but they refused me!
65. Gone sky diving. Not yet.
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp. Still need to do this, but it will be really sad as my paternal grandfather was killed in one.
67. Bounced a check. Never.
68. Flown in a helicopter. My favorite thing! (Unless it is Life Star!)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Mom had them all and recently got rid of them.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. Last time for was Dad’s funeral in 1998.
71. Eaten caviar. I love caviar. Most memorable was in 1997 on my flight to Singapore when it was the first course.
72. Pieced a quilt. Hmm. I don’t think so.
73. Stood in Times Square. I was probably just passing through.
74. Toured the Everglades. Sure, in 1999 as we drove to the Florida Keys.
75. Been fired from a job. Never.
76. Seen the changing of the guard in London. Was in London in 1995 on business, but didn’t manage to see that.
77. Broken a bone. Finger and skull fractures; both coed sports accidents.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Oh yes! It was so exciting! See Bookfield chapter Lake Lanier Part 1.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Only from the air and it was very impressive.
80. Published a book. Nope – still hope to though.
81. Visited the Vatican. Twice in 1965 and in 1995 on business.
82. Bought a brand new car. VW GTI 16v 1984 & 1986 and 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I have loved all my new cars.
I drove my 1986 GTI for 16 years - what a great that was!
83. Walked in Jerusalem. Not really safe there; that is why I have not visited the pyramids either.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. When I was younger.
85. Read the entire Bible. Only pieces.
86. Visited the White House. Had a tour when I was a sprout, but I have been to Washington since then and have seen it.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. If fish count, then yes.
88. Had chickenpox. I have had all of the childhood diseases.
89. Saved someone’s life. I hope that through my work in oncology and AIDS with big pharma I have extended many people’s lives.
90. Sat on a jury. Nope and now that I am disabled I never will.
91. Met someone famous. Absolutely. I met Jason Robards and Bebe Newirth to name two.
92. Joined a book club. I have sat in on some with my mom.
93. Lost a loved one. Sadly, yes.
94. Had a baby. Too late now! No regrets though, I have never wanted any kids.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. As usual, on a business trip.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. Flew over it.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit. An organization I belonged to sued our town. We lost.
98. Owned a cell phone. Yes. I do now, but I rarely use it.
99. Been stung by a bee. Once when I was a girl. I am highly allergic to them.
I stole this Meme from Someone in a Tree! Thanks David!!!