Saturday, September 27, 2008

Movie Review: Vicky Christina Barcelona



This movie was a delight! It was directed by Woody Allen and stars Javier Bardem, Scarlett Johanssen, Penelope Cruz, and Rebecca Hall.


Vicky and Christina go to Barcelona for the summer and while there they meet an artist named Juan who invites them both to a nearby town for the weekend of sightseeing and love making. Vicky, who is engaged is reluctant, but they both go. Trouble ensues when Juan's ex-wife reenters the picture.


I have decided that I must at all costs see Barcelona after seeing this movie. I was going to see it before, but now I really must. If nothing else, you must see the movie to see the city of Barcelona. As if that wasn't enough reason to see this movie, There is Javier Bardem. I almost passed out cold when he asked the girls to come away with him for the weekend. I was so there. Then throughout the rest of the movie he is so hot, oh my god! I could die! Oh yeah, and they all did that acting thing pretty well too. I didn't really like the ending, but Hollywood has spoiled me and I only really like happy endings. I accept that I am a spoiled American brat. But it was a typical Woody Allen ending. You know, the heart wants what it wants. So it goes.

This movie is a must see. I give it

**** of five stars.

4 comments:

Y said...

I have to see this!Love the three of them.Plus-location Barcelona:)

Btw Sue,did you see Volver?

Sue said...

Not yet. It is on my Netflix.

Doug said...

I haven't seen a Woody Allen film in ages, and I'm dying to see this one. Anything with Javier, and I'm there.

Volver is great Sue. I think you'll like it too.

Cristiano Mancini said...

I saw this movie weeks ago and I loved it. I think it's one of the best Woody Allen's movie in a while. The chemistry between actors was superb , so sexy !