Monday, April 28, 2008

Christmas Card with Siamese Cat & Ball

Right away I began drawing cards for holidays and birthdays. This is the first Christmas card I drew and we had them professionally printed and envelopes made and sent to everybody we knew. The scans came out crappy so I put both of them in.

I have always been enamored of the idea that a kitten or cat is going about its business, but mindful of us. This drawing is an illustration of that in pen and ink. The kitten is looking up at us to wish us a Merry Christmas before he continues to destroy the tree. The tree is a larch, which would have dropped its needles by December, since they are deciduous.



4 comments:

Y said...

Oh,I love it,Sue!And the reflection of the cat in the ball...super!
Of all your outstanding works this one has a particlar meaning to me.You know why:)
My cat used to do the same with Christmas trees and balls.

YvesPaul said...

:) Very Purdy!

Doug said...

Beautiful work, Sue!

Sh@ney said...

Aweee another of my favourite subjects a Puddy Tat & Christmas. It don't get much sweeter than that darling. It's so charming...Love it!