Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Photos from Singapore

Sean recently gave me a scanner and I am just a scanner crazy gal! Here are some photos from my trip in 1997 to Singapore.

Below: This me in Nirvana. SHOPPING FOR JADE! The only issue is that I was not fabulously wealthy. But these lovely ladies were having a ball negotiating with me. I bought the two necklaces on the wall (left) and then showed them to a Malayan colleague (I was there to work, cough) who told me I got a really great deal, so I went back again and bought more!!!


I tried on so many bangles that my hands and wrist hurt! They had a lavender one that I was in love with, but it cost too much!!! But I did buy a bangle for my twin sister. It was mostly white with a dark red band and some bright green cloudy lines.

Below is a photo of me in the Chinese / Japanese Gardens Bonsai section. It was taken by a Japanese woman tourist who was there with her young son.


Here is a "small" sidewalk hazard that I saw in Holland Village. A chasm just opened up in the middle of the sidewalk, but never fear, there was a handy concrete tie that nimble pedestrians could step over to avoid falling into the bottomless pit!


Really!!! Could you imagine seeing this in the US??? Could you imagine the lawsuits??? I don't recommend that people dependent on wheelchairs visit Singapore, as in general things were not handicapped compliant at all that I could see.

If you want to read about the rest of my Singaporean adventure, just click on the label "Singapore" and they will all appear. Magic!

1 comment:

Y said...

Love reading about your trip to Singapore,Sue.