Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Weird Dream & Reflections

I wrote this a few years ago...


Over ten years ago I had a dream. I dreamt that one day I woke up with a purple aura just over my skin. It was like a purple glow just above the surface and showed even through my clothes.
I showered, got dressed and went to work. Everyone at work who saw me shared with me the knowledge of what it meant. I was chosen to make a pilgrimage to determine if I would be one of the Dalai Lamas. On the chosen day, I left the US and flew to an Eastern land to make the pilgrimage. Many more people with purple auras were there. We all gathered at the foot of a huge snow covered mountain and knew our goal was to get to the top.

The passage was long and hard. Many faltered along the way in their hurry to get to the top first. I stopped to help those who met with various mishaps on their journey. Some fell into crevasses and/or were injured, others succumbed to exposure. All that I saw I helped to safety, even though it slowed my progress substantially. After many tortuous days, I made it to the top and was surprised to see that I stood there alone. A golden woman flew to me and held out her hand. She said, “You have helped all that you saw, and now you are a Dalai Lama”. I touched her hand and my aura changed from purple to saffron gold, as it the golden glow chased away the purple.
I hastily returned to work, golden glow and all. Things were different now. At the work day’s end people would line up at my office door for advice and blessings from a Dalai Lama. Sometimes, the other Dalai Lamas and I would travel via astral projection to distant lands to advise leaders about affairs of state and personal issues.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama has stated that pain and suffering is payment for one’s bad karma. I asked my husband about whether my recent trials resulted from my bad karma, and Sean laughed and said that if that were so, I have paid more than in full and definitely too much for my whole life. Also, the Dalai Lama has said that when one is suffering, one can imagine that they carry suffering for others, so that others may not suffer. I kind of hope that is true because it makes me feel strong. One thing that He said that I fully agree with is that suffering increases one’s capacity for empathy and compassion. Further, He has said that the goal of life is to be happy.

I had bought the traditional game of Tibet at our local Tibetan goods store for my niece. The game was solid brass and had a number of tigers and goats encased in the playing board.

Bagha Chal - Moving Tigers Game

My sister called me and said that the game was short by two goats. So, I returned to the store for the two goats. The owner told me that sometimes the pieces can get stuck inside the brass box and you need to give the box a good shake for them to fall out. But, he gave me the pieces anyhow.

Before I was to mail them to her, I called to verify that they were needed. My sister called to her daughter about the two goats and they had been found. I asked Evie if she had counted the goats herself and she told me she didn’t. So, with some irritation, I returned to the store to return the goats.

The owner, who is a friend of mine, nodded knowingly as I returned them and repeated that they are counted twice before sale. Then, I stopped and thought about that. My sister probably wanted to rely on her daughter’s count and not question it, as her daughter was 11 at the time. I looked up at the owner, and said that it must be hard to raise children as at a certain point you want to trust them and give them some independence, even if sometimes they will be wrong. He told me that I should be president, as I was so compassionate.

I thanked him profusely. However, I told him I was not interested in the job. I do not think that the American people want a compassionate president; too bad for them and for all of us.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

dreams r just strange sometimes i could c purple around u all in a good vibe also. karma i think happens and i think bush will have his bad karma come back on him and i think its already started!

Sue said...

Thanks Ryan for understanding about the dream. I sure hope you are right about Bush.